Wednesday, July 25, 2007

About my road map, and why there is no frame skip.

Well, psx4all is progressing fine, and every day we get more and more games "playable". But we are far to have a "god" emulator.

Before starting with frames skipping, I will look for more compatibility and performance, why?

- I started this because I want to make a "pixel perfect" software gpu, and at this moment there are some graphics corruption.

- I have half the code in asm and half in C and finally I'll write most of the rasterizers into asm, but writting and optimizing asm is hard and I would like to do only once.

- There are still other gpu optimizations I want to make (as example optimize the triangle setup, the problem here are the psx rasterization rules)

- I have an idea about multithreaded gpu, that could make the psx games do frame skiping them selves if they were programed properly, and that work would be a previous step to the 2nd core gpu.

- Frame skipping may be not neccesary at all when gpu is moved to the other cpu.

2 comments:

Evol said...

i have great faith in your roadmap so i just want to say. take your code where YOU want. not where other people want your code to be.
good luck we appreciate your hard work.

RIVRONER said...

Gracias por comentarnos la evoluciĆ³n y futuros progresos del emulador ;)